(THR) Totat Hip Replacement
Puerto Vallarta & Riviera Nayarit
Bring Movement Back to your Life ! – Relief Pain, Improved Mobility !
No Waiting List & Afforable Prices !
Dr. Max Greig - Orthopedic Specialist in Hip - Knee - Spine - Shoulder
More than 25 Years Experience in THR Total Hip Replacements
When Is the ( THR ) Total Hip Replacement recommend?
There are several reasons why your doctor may recommend hip replacement surgery. People who benefit from hip replacement surgery often have:
Is the ( THR ) Total Hip Replacement for you?
The decision to have a Total Hip Replacement Surgery should be a cooperative one made by you, your family, your primary care doctor, and your orthopedic surgeon.
There are no absolute age or weight restrictions for total hip replacements.
Candidates for Surgery
Recommendations for surgery are based on a patient’s pain and disability, not age. Most patients who undergo total hip replacement are age 50 to 80, but orthopaedic surgeons evaluate patients individually.
Total hip replacements have been performed successfully at all ages, from the young teenager with juvenile arthritis to the elderly patient with degenerative arthritis.
If medications, changes in your everyday activities, and the use of walking supports do not adequately help your symptoms, you may consider hip replacement surgery.
Hip replacement surgery is a safe and effective procedure that can relieve your pain, increase motion, and help you get back to enjoying normal, everyday activities
Reasons Why North American Patiens Prefer their
Total Hip Replacement in Puerto Vallarta & Riviera Nayarit ?
Puerto Vallarta and Riviera Nayarit in Banderas Bay, Mexico are one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world, with more visitors every year looking for a beautiful city to get medical treatments, save money and be attend for most experienced doctors in Mexico.
You will find experience medical specialists and highly qualified hospitals that offer tourists seeking medical attention, world-class care and service, with state-of-the-art medical infrastructure and technology, to offer diagnosis, intervention, rehabilitation and recovery.
Are you considering a THR Total Hip Replacement ?
Let us guide you through the process with personal care, professionalism and experience !
Send us an email:
To have easier communication with specialist please provide the following information:
Copies of the most recent medical reports
Copies of imaging reports (x-Rays, CT scans, ultrasound and/ or MRI’s, etc)
A small narrative from the patient telling his/hers story and symptoms that helps the specialist to understand patient conditions
Images of the affected area
(For visitors ) Possible dates you can travel to Puerto Vallarta or Riviera Nayarit
Patient Full Name
FAQ´S Frequented Asked Questions
What does includes a THR Total Hip Replacement Package?
- It covers Hospitalization for 2 nights 3 days.
- Operating Room Costs.
- Prosthesis Cost.
- Surgical Team Fees.
- Physical Therapy.
- Medical Care Post Surgery.
- Personalized Attention. High standards of qualified human capital.
- Transportation. Only in hotels by the Marina and Hotel Zone Puerto Vallarta. ( Ask for participating hotels & Condominiums. No Airbnb). The first day you arrive to the Airport in Puerto Vallarta to your hotel or condominium (Accomodation not included)
- Transportation to the clinic the day of your first appointment
- Transportation the day of the surgery to the hospital
- Transportation from hospital to hotel or concominium
If you decide to have hip replacement surgery, Dr. Max Greig may ask you to have a complete physical examination by your primary care doctor before your surgical procedure. This is needed to make sure you are healthy enough to have the surgery and complete the recovery process. Many patients with chronic medical conditions, like heart disease, may also be evaluated by a specialist, such a cardiologist, before the surgery.
Another test such as blood and urine samples, an electrocardiogram (EKG), and chest x-rays, may be needed to help plan your surgery. All test can be perform in the same hospital CMQ Riviera Nayarit
Dr. Greig will review the results of your evaluation with you and discuss whether hip replacement surgery is the best method to relieve your pain and improve your mobility. Other treatment options — such as medications or physical therapy, — also may be considered.
Never hesitate to ask questions when you do not understand. The more you know, the better you will be able to manage the changes that hip replacement surgery will make in your life.
How much does it cost a (THR) Total Hip Replacement Package?
- $ 16,900 usd
To plan your trip to Puerto Vallarta
Date available for surgery with Dr. Max Greig as follow:
Nov 16 to Dec 15th – 2023
Jan 15 to March 23th – 2024
April 5th to June 30th – 2024
Sept 15th to Dec 15th – 2024
Plan your medical trip in advance !!!
-Dr. Greig team will assist you with close communication to answer all you questions before traveling, during your entire stay and after your final recovery
– Recommended 12 to 15 days in destination for recovery and evaluations
– Recommended Hotels or condominiums near La Marina or Nuevo Nayarit (Before Nuevo Vallarta)
– Travel with an accompanion
– Bring a personal movil cellphone
– Get a Virtual Interview before travel to clarify all the details
– Share you flight information to coordinate your transportation in advance
– Share full name of your accompanion
– Share Address of you hotel or condominium
As soon as you get off of the plane in Puerto Vallarta ,
-first step – its get your luggage in carrusel,
-second step – customs,
– and third step – get to VIP taxis services
across from baggage claim No 7, where you will find your name on the board, identify yourself, They will provide the transportation to the condominium where are going to stay.
Once you are staying in you hotel or condominium , We will coordinate the time to Pick you up the following day to take you to the hospital for meeting Dr Greig in person, answer your question and update the studies necessary.
You are admitted the next morning normally after first consultation with Dr. Greig. at 6:30 am. You must be fasting from midnight onwards. Dr. Greig will be started in one of your arms. Prophylactic antibiotics and stomach/intestines protectors are administered. The nurses will get you ready for the OR. An Epidural anesthesia will be given to you by our very experienced Anesthesiologist. Also, you will receive a mild form of general sedation.
– The THR lasts about 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Then you are taken to the recovery room for another couple of hours. Afterward, you will be sent to your room to continue intrahospital care.
– You will stay in the hospital for two nights. We will get you up and walk around the day after surgery. Instructions and prescribed oral medications will be given to you upon your hospital discharge.
– Follow-up care will be provided at your hotel room by my Physical therapist and assistant doctor.
Please send us an email:
About Dr. Max Greig
Orthopedic Surgery – Specialist in Hip, Knee, Spine & Shoulder
- In addition to completing school and orthopaedic surgical training in Guadalajara, Mexico, Dr. Greig concluded a rotation and specialized training in Muenster, Germany as well as a rotation in Edinburg, Texas
- Among his many civic duties Dr. Greig finds time to donate surgical services to crippled children at a Puerto Vallarta orphanage and he recently completed his term as Medical Director to Puerto Vallarta’s first medical school
- Born in Mexico to North American Parents, Dr. Greig maintains a close relationship to the Mexican population and to both U.S. and Canadian expatriate communities in Puerto Vallarta. The U.S. Consulate General has recognized him on several occasions for his assistance to tourists and expatriates.