Total Knee Replacement ( T K R )
Puerto Vallarta – Riviera Nayarit
Bring Movement Back to your Life ! – Relief Pain, Improved Mobility !
No Waiting List – Afforable Prices
Dr. Max Greig
Orthopedic Doctor – Specialist in :
KNEE – HIP – SHOULDER – SPINE
There are several reasons why your doctor may recommend knee replacement surgery. People who benefit from total knee replacement often have:
There are no absolute age or weight restrictions for total knee replacement surgery.
Recommendations for surgery are based on a patient’s pain and disability, not age.
Most patients who undergo total knee replacement are age 50 to 80, but orthopaedic surgeons evaluate patients individually.
Total knee replacements have been performed successfully at all ages, from the young teenager with juvenile arthritis to the elderly patient with degenerative arthritis.
Knee conditions limit patients’ activities of daily living due to pain and limited mobility.
A benefit of knee replacement surgery is that it may be able to help patients resume a normal lifestyle.
Why most of the North American Patients prefer Mexico, Puerto Vallarta & Riviera Nayarit to get done their TKR Total Knee Replacement?
Are you considering a (TKR) Total Knee Replacement?
Let us guide you through the process with personal care, professionalism and experience ! Send us an email:
To have easier communication with specialist please provide the following information
Copies of the most recent medical reports
Copies of imaging reports (x-Rays, CT scans, ultrasound and/ or MRI’s, etc)
A small narrative from the patient telling his/hers story and symptoms that helps the specialist to understand patient conditions
Images of the affected area
(For visitors ) Possible dates you can travel to Puerto Vallarta or Riviera Nayarit
Patient Full Name
FAQ´S Frequently Asked Questions
-If you decide to have hip replacement surgery, Dr. Max Greig may ask you to have a complete physical examination by your primary care doctor before your surgical procedure. This is needed to make sure you are healthy enough to have the surgery and complete the recovery process. Many patients with chronic medical conditions, like heart disease, may also be evaluated by a specialist, such a cardiologist, before the surgery.
-Another test such as blood and urine samples, an electrocardiogram (EKG), and chest x-rays, may be needed to help plan your surgery. All test can be perform in the same hospital CMQ Riviera Nayarit
-Dr. Greig will review the results of your evaluation with you and discuss whether hip replacement surgery is the best method to relieve your pain and improve your mobility. Other treatment options — such as medications or physical therapy, — also may be considered.
-Never hesitate to ask questions when you do not understand. The more you know, the better you will be able to manage the changes that hip replacement surgery will make in your life
You are admitted the next morning normally at 6:30 am. You must be fasting from midnight onwards. An Dr. Greig will be started in one of your arms. Prophylactic antibiotics and stomach/intestines protectors are administered. The nurses will get you ready for the OR. An Epidural anesthesia will be given to you by our very experienced Anesthesiologist. Also, you will receive a mild form of general sedation.
- – The TKR lasts about 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Then you are taken to the recovery room for another couple of hours. Afterward, you will be sent to your room to continue intrahospital care.
- – You will stay in the hospital for two nights. We will get you up and walk around the day after surgery. Instructions and prescribed oral medications will be given to you upon your hospital discharge–
- Follow-up care will be provided at your hotel room by my Physical therapist and assistant doctor.
- It covers Hospitalization for 2 nights 3 days
- Operating Room Costs.
- Prosthesis Cost.
Surgical Team Fees.
- Physical Therapy.
- Medical Care Post Surgery.
- Personalized Attention. High standards of qualified human capital.
- Transportation. The first day you arrive to the Airport in Puerto Vallarta to your hotel or condominium
- Transportation to the clinic the day of your first appointment
- Transportation the day of the surgery to the hospital
- Transportation from hospital to hotel or concominium